Here at Taylor Insurance Services, we have a special love for animals, and this topic really hits home for us. There is a constant battle in the United States to end animal neglect, cruelty and abuse. We encourage you to take the following actions in support of animals.
- Make sure your pet is spayed or neutered.
- Make sure your pet wears a collar and current identification tag, and consider having your pet microchipped to enable them to be returned to you if they lose their collar.
- To prevent animal behavioral problems, make sure you enroll your new puppy or dog in behavioral training classes.
- Animal behavioral problems can be health-related. make sure your pet has a complete medical exam by a veterinarian at least once a year.
- Prepare for disasters. make sure you have a plan for your pet in the event of a hurricane, tornado, fire or flood.
- Plan for your pet’s future in case something happens to you and visit humanesociety.org/petsinwills for more information.
- Learn how to avoid dog bites, and how to prevent your dog from biting, by going to humanesociety.org/avoidbites
To ensure that your pets are protected we offer an excellent Pet Insurance plan to help you cover the cost of treating your dog or cat’s unexpected illnesses, accidents and injuries. Click here to find out more about our Pet Insurance coverage.
Information provided courtesy of The Humane Society of The United States